What is a Habitat ReStore?
- A Habitat ReStore accepts new and used building materials from individuals, retailers, businesses and contractors. These good quality items are sold to the general public at a fraction of retail prices, with all proceeds going to Habitat for Humanity.
Is ReStore open to the public?
- YES! Anyone and everyone can donate and shop at ReStore!
How often does ReStore get new materials?
- Daily! We receive donations every day that we are open.
How are items priced at ReStore?
- Brand new items are priced 50% OFF of retail value, other items, depending on condition, are priced between 50% – 90% off retail value.
Can we negotiate prices with ReStore ?
- No. Our ReStore does not negotiate on prices with customers. Items that have been on the shelves for a certain period of time may be reduced in price by ReStore staff, but please remember, the proceeds from our store go directly to Habitat for Humanity and this is not a flea market.
Do you use the donated materials to build Habitat Homes?
- No. The materials are sold in the Habitat ReStore, with the proceeds of the store going to Habitat for Humanity.
How do I donate?
- When you have items to donate to ReStore, call us at (269)441-1038 and let us now what you have- we will tell you if we are able to accept them or not. You can then bring your donated materials to the ReStore.
Do you pick up items?
- Yes. Please call (269)441-1038 to schedule a pick-up.
Do I get a tax receipt for donating?
- Yes! Habitat ReStore is part of Habitat for Humanity and a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit organization. All donations can receive a potential tax deduction.
Can ReStore put a value on the items I donate?
- No. We cannot place a value on any donations for tax purposes. This is the responsibility of the donor.
Does ReStore take returns?
- All sales at ReStore are final. The only exception to this is with appliances. Appliances have a 7 day return policy. Beyond that, we do not accept returns.
Are all ReStores the same?
- No. Each ReStore is individually operated by the Habitat for Humanity affiliate office in that area. This means they do not all carry the same items, prices, policies, hours, etc.
How do things get done at the ReStore?
- Volunteers, partnering with our staff, play a vital role in cashiering, donation intake, donation pick-ups, stocking shelves, pricing items, assisting customers, office work, cleaning and so much more! We simply could not survive without the dedication and commitment of our volunteers.
How do I volunteer?
- It’s easy! Simply fill out a Volunteer Application and return it to our Volunteer Coordinator. For more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Justin Byrd at (269) 966-2502 or email him using the form below.